This is the official accessibility statement for Drake Memorial Park . If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email us.
We have provided a series of keyboard shortcuts intended to help users
who have difficulty in using pointing devices such as a mouse. This web site uses the UK Government access key system and the following
information summarises each of the keyboard shortcut commands available
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key S - Skip navigation
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 3 - Table of contents/Site Map
- Access key 8 - Disclaimer
- Access key 9 - Feedback
- Access key 0 - Accessibility statement
- All pages on this site is WCAG AAA approved, complying wih all priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Again, this is a judgement call; many guidelines are intentionally vague and can not be tested automatically. I have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional . This is not a judgement call; a program can determine with 100% accuracy whether a page is valid XHTML. For example, check the home page for XHTML validity.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H2 tags are used for main titles, H3 tags for subtitles.
- All pages have rel=previous, next, up, and home links to aid navigation in text-only browsers. Netscape 6 and Mozilla users can also take advantage of this feature by selecting the View menu, Show/Hide, Site Navigation Bar, Show Only As Needed (or Show Always).
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.